When you think of the past you are full of shame, regret, anger and bitterness. You try not to think about it.
- You confess you have forgiven them but you just can’t get the scenes out of you mind. You keep having painful flashbacks.
- You hurt other people consciously or unconsciously and then you cry later on, or simply regret why you did it in the first place.
- It is unbearable for you to stand the sight of those who are going through what you have been through. They are a mirror where you see your own pain.
- You find it difficult to be compassionate to those going through the same pain you have been through. You cannot give to others what you do not have.
- No matter how much love and care you receive from others you complain and accuse others for not caring or for wanting to hurt you. You feel insecure and you dread being hurt again.
- You always try to attract attention to yourself and your needs and do not care about how others might feel. You are the centre of your own world.
- You always suspect people are out to harm you, you hardly give people the benefit of the doubt and you are always trying to defend yourself even when no one really wants to hurt you.
- You hate making mistakes and when they do happen you do all in your power to cover them up. You are afraid to lose some more self-esteem.
- You can go extra lengths just to gain approval and appreciation even if you have to pay a very high cost for it.
- You find it difficult to celebrate with achievers. You’d rather mourn with losers than celebrate with winners.
If you currently find yourself in this condition, you are in need of emotional healing. You can’t go on like that. That is not how life was meant to be for you.