If I’m sharing this, it’s not because I’ve crossed the finished line and can now turn around and mentor those who are still behind. I still have my own struggles in this area; but as I learn, I share to bless others.
What does it mean to live the crucified life?
- Putting God first in everything I do. Not seeking my own pleasure first, but seeking to please Him first.
- Always seeking to know what He desires and wants me to do in each situation.
- Willingness to suffer rejection, humiliation, persecution and pain for His sake.
- The willingness to accept His will even at my own inconvenience.
- Acceptance that my own wishes, desires, will and pleasure are valid only if He validates them.
- Refusal to take the glory for any victory won, but giving all the glory to Him.
- The ability to say “Thy will be done”, from the very bottom of my heart.
Folks, this is the hardest part of Christianity and those who have attained to it receive of His spirit without measure.
May the Lord Himself help us to attain to such full stature so that we can indeed be His ambassadors on the earth.