You’re afraid of hurting people; you’re a people-pleaser.
- You want to be loved and accepted.
- The false doctrine that says love never says “No”.
- You crave to be applauded and appreciated.
- You are simply complying to and perpetuating a tradition.
- You’re under peer pressure.
- You lack the courage to stand alone and be different.
The inability to say “No” could have negative consequences that far out-weigh the above motives for saying “Yes”.
No matter how good you are you will never be able to please everybody, so stop trying.
Let wisdom guide you to say a polite “NO” and a courageous “Yes” as the need arises.
The hardest thing I ever did in my life was try to please everybody; and I failed.
Do you often have difficulties in saying “No”? What are your reasons?