Archive for the ‘work’ Category
- Joseph’s brothers saw it, understood it even before the lad knew what it was all about. They tried to kill it (Genesis 37:5-8).
- David’s brother Eliab tried to talk him out of his giant-slaying destiny (1Samuel 17:27-29).
- The crowd wanted to stifle Bartimaeus’ dream to see again (Mark 10:47-52).
- Jesus’ family came to take him home because they thought his own dream was some form of madness (Mark 3:20-21).
- Eli saw it in little Prophet Samuel and taught the boy how to hear from God (1 Samuel 3:8).
- Jethro, Moses’ father-in-law gave him useful ideas on how to do ministry (Exodus 18:17l-24).
- Naomi gave Ruth a strategy to win the love and respect of Boaz, her future husband (Ruth3:1-4).
- Barnabas took Paul and taught him how to do the things of God. Paul was accepted in the brotherhood because of the former’s recommendation (Acts 9:26-28).
What is your own dream? Who are you telling it to? Do you know in what category they fall? Is your dream at risk because of the people you are telling it to?
I pray God will send the right people to help you achieve that dream that keeps you awake all night long.
Life is made of seasons and the person who succeeds in life the most is the one who can tell what season it is. I’m not talking about seasons like winter or spring. I’m talking about the seasons of life.
There is a time to stay put and there is a time to move;
A time to talk and a time to be quiet;
A time to study and a time to impart into others what we have learned.
Here are some signs that could indicate it is time to move on; that’s it’s time to leave from one level, standard or location to another.
- An unbearable discomfort in your present location.
- You find no pleasure at all in doing the things you enjoyed doing in the past.
- Unexplainable problems suddenly crop up between you and your boss, colleagues or entourage in general.
- Either by chance, coincidence or by design you get exposure to knowledge that is pulling you out of your present situation.
- You get connected to people who are operating at the level you envisage getting to next.
- You realize you’ve got nothing more to learn in your present location. You could easily fossilize it you stay on.
- You have this deep conviction within you that it’s time to move on.