Never downgrade yourself in order to be accepted in lower circles,
Those who need you will upgrade themselves to your level
Then they will join your club.
Remember, many look up to you for inspiration and leadership.
Do not disappoint them because you want to please people who have refused to grow up.
You may stoop down to bring them up,
But never stoop too low as to become one of them.
The world needs the big you, the courageous you, the brave you.
Stoop to conquer.
You’re afraid of hurting people; you’re a people-pleaser.
- You want to be loved and accepted.
- The false doctrine that says love never says “No”.
- You crave to be applauded and appreciated.
- You are simply complying to and perpetuating a tradition.
- You’re under peer pressure.
- You lack the courage to stand alone and be different.
The inability to say “No” could have negative consequences that far out-weigh the above motives for saying “Yes”.
No matter how good you are you will never be able to please everybody, so stop trying.
Let wisdom guide you to say a polite “NO” and a courageous “Yes” as the need arises.
The hardest thing I ever did in my life was try to please everybody; and I failed.
Do you often have difficulties in saying “No”? What are your reasons?