Yes, you can.
- Just believe in yourself and you’ll get there.
- There’s nothing in the world that can stop you from getting there.
- Dream big and you’ll achieve big.
No, you can’t.
- You’re not the right color.
- You’re too short.
- It’s too costly for you.
Strike a balance.
- It’s possible, but you have to get so talented no one will notice your color but only your talent.
- You can do it, but be ready to jump higher than the tallest fellow on the pitch.
- You can afford it, but be ready to cut down on your expenditure and forgo a lot of stuff you would normally want to buy.
Yes, you can; but be ready to roll your sleeves and get to work, whatever work entails for you (studying, connecting, investing, praying, fasting, sowing etc).
- Joseph’s brothers saw it, understood it even before the lad knew what it was all about. They tried to kill it (Genesis 37:5-8).
- David’s brother Eliab tried to talk him out of his giant-slaying destiny (1Samuel 17:27-29).
- The crowd wanted to stifle Bartimaeus’ dream to see again (Mark 10:47-52).
- Jesus’ family came to take him home because they thought his own dream was some form of madness (Mark 3:20-21).
- Eli saw it in little Prophet Samuel and taught the boy how to hear from God (1 Samuel 3:8).
- Jethro, Moses’ father-in-law gave him useful ideas on how to do ministry (Exodus 18:17l-24).
- Naomi gave Ruth a strategy to win the love and respect of Boaz, her future husband (Ruth3:1-4).
- Barnabas took Paul and taught him how to do the things of God. Paul was accepted in the brotherhood because of the former’s recommendation (Acts 9:26-28).
What is your own dream? Who are you telling it to? Do you know in what category they fall? Is your dream at risk because of the people you are telling it to?
I pray God will send the right people to help you achieve that dream that keeps you awake all night long.
The dream I carry is so big, so vast, so deep…I’m frightened by the sheer size of it.
When I think about it I feel like giving up… “This is too much for me Lord; can’t you find someone else to do it?”
But when I think of where God took me (from the pit), When I think of how far we’ve come together, somehow I find the courage to go on.
He didn’t bring me this far just to abandon me here. He never starts a project that He doesn’t intend to finish.
It is not just my dream…it is His dream. He communicated it to me. I do not need to pay for it from my own pocket. He will sponsor His dream because it is about His Kingdom.
I am convinced that in the end I will have reason to celebrate. Those who trust in Him shall not be put to shame.