Why are you thinking the way you are thinking now?
Why are you acting like that now?
Why did you just take that strange decision which is very unlike yourself?
- You think God’s attitude towards you has changed because of some short-coming in you or a mistake you made.
- or you think you are unworthy of love and appreciation because you’re too far down the drain.
- The situation at hand looks so overwhelming that you’ve stopped seeing the “Almightiness” of God and are seeing the “almightiness” of your stuff instead.
- Some devil is whispering some nasty stuff into your ear and you’re beginning to believe it.
- Some nay-sayer is speaking negativism into your mind and it’s taking its toll on you.
- You’ve seen another person perish because of the same situation and you don’t see how you’re going to escape it yourself.
- You happen to believe you’re the only person going through such a crisis. You feel very exceptionally unfortunate.
- You want God to see how unfair He’s been to you. You want to draw His attention to your plight.
Well, some of these reasons look very appealing but none of these will get you any positive result.
Do you know what God did when He saw Elijah in that kind of a sulk? He gave him food to eat and then sent him on yet another mission.
Rather than sit there and sulk, ask of Him the strength to carry on.
Just manage to go out there and be good to someone, even if you need it more, even if they don’t deserve it.
He won’t even allow you to die if He decides that He still needs you on planet earth.
Cheer up. It’s not over yet.