- Joseph’s brothers saw it, understood it even before the lad knew what it was all about. They tried to kill it (Genesis 37:5-8).
- David’s brother Eliab tried to talk him out of his giant-slaying destiny (1Samuel 17:27-29).
- The crowd wanted to stifle Bartimaeus’ dream to see again (Mark 10:47-52).
- Jesus’ family came to take him home because they thought his own dream was some form of madness (Mark 3:20-21).
- Eli saw it in little Prophet Samuel and taught the boy how to hear from God (1 Samuel 3:8).
- Jethro, Moses’ father-in-law gave him useful ideas on how to do ministry (Exodus 18:17l-24).
- Naomi gave Ruth a strategy to win the love and respect of Boaz, her future husband (Ruth3:1-4).
- Barnabas took Paul and taught him how to do the things of God. Paul was accepted in the brotherhood because of the former’s recommendation (Acts 9:26-28).
What is your own dream? Who are you telling it to? Do you know in what category they fall? Is your dream at risk because of the people you are telling it to?
I pray God will send the right people to help you achieve that dream that keeps you awake all night long.